Wednesday 26 January 2011

Progress


This is a prime example of what I like to call "Welsh grey".  Unquestionably dull, but in some ways it's my favourite kind of weather.  Summer gets all the good press, but only winter has hidden little pockets of goodness that are made all the better for being satisfyingly simple.

Most satisfying of all is that winter is perfect blanket-crafting season.  The granny stripe is whizzing along now.  It makes me happy just to listen to the gentle sound of rain on the window while watching all the different colours unfurl.  I'd say it's about a quarter of the way through, stripes-wise.  I still need to decide on a suitable border, but there's plenty of time yet for that.



Mid-afternoon trips to the pictures also makes the winter weather worthwhile, and The King's Speech is a perfect mid-winter film.  If you haven't seen it yet, I really really recommend that you do!

1 comment:

Gumbo Lily said...

Granny stripe is delicious!